Leeds Building Society Case Study

In 1875 Leeds Building Society were formally established and named Leeds and Holbeck (Permanent) Building Society. Their first head office was located at the Mechanics Institute in Holbeck between 1875 and 1886. This connection to the Holbeck area remains today and the company has supported HEA in a number of ways: free rental and renovation of an old Leeds and Holbeck branch to provide HEA with new office and drop-in space for the community; financial donations from staff and their charitable funds; and ongoing mentoring and support for HEA staff. “Holbeck was the site of our very first head office, giving us a strong connection to the area and the people. Our purpose is simple – to help people save and have the home that they want. The HEA team provides vital help to the Holbeck community providing services and support to people’s everyday lives. We are delighted to help HEA via their Heart of Holbeck initiative which has proved to be the perfect vehicle to make this happen.”

Karen Wint, Chief Operating Officer, Leeds Building Society

 

Latest news

Holbeck Elderly Aid

Supporters of HolbeckElderlyAid