Equal Opportunities Policy
To ensure compliance with the equal opportunities employment regulations.
HEA intends that all employees will be afforded equal opportunities in the employment context and no discrimination is intended or implied in the terms and conditions of service adopted within the scheme.
The organisation is committed to the development of a clear and well-understood framework supporting the aims, and fully integrating equal opportunities into its culture and practice.
All personnel details are recorded and statistics are available for monitoring equal opportunities.
- Appointments made are based on job description, personal specification, qualifications and interview.
- All employees have a role to play in adhering to HEA’s equal opportunities policy.
- Any employee who believes that she/he may have been subject to unlawful discrimination, racial or sexual abuse or harassment should raise their concern under the formal grievance procedure.
- Training and development will support this policy.
- Equal employment and non-discrimination will be monitored during recruitment and employment, also through training and development by the managers and CO.
- All staff will be active in maintaining a supportive environment.